Join Aimed Alliance for a Free HR.com Webinar:
Essential Health Benefits, Importation, and More – Do You Know the Risks?
December 13, 2022 from 11AM-12PM ET.
Surveys have shown that employers consider health care to be the single most important employee benefit area, and for good reason. For the majority of individuals with employer-sponsored health benefits, satisfaction with their health care coverage is a major factor in deciding whether to stay with their current employer. This can be especially true for employees with chronic conditions and those who care for others with chronic conditions, as strong health benefits can be crucial for affording frequent care or specialized treatments that may be prescribed by a health care provider.
Providing comprehensive health benefits can help employers maintain a healthier, happier, and more productive workforce. Therefore, as employers prepare to offer health insurance for their employees in 2023, they should fully understand how the plan terms they select can impact their employees’ well-being. Employers should also be aware of the potential legal and practical implications of partnering with third-party companies that advise plans to implement certain schemes related to their specialty benefits terms. Additionally, employers should understand the legal implications for their employees when a third-party company supports employees receiving their medications from outside the continental United States.
During this one-hour webinar, presenters will:
- Review how comprehensive health benefits help ensure employees can prioritize their health while missing fewer days of work due to health-related reasons;
- Discuss the potential implications of partnering with third-party companies that offer to manage parts of employers’ health benefit plans, including speciality medication benefits;
- Analyze how these third-party programs have interpreted essential health benefit requirements set forth under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) in a way that can be detrimental to employees;
- Analyze how these third-party programs encourage employees to import their medications from outside the continental United States in contradiction to guidance by the Food and Drug Administration’s guidance; and
- Provide key recommendations as to what employers can do to avoid these programs, reduce their costs, and ensure employee well-being is maintained.
Aimed Alliance is offering a free webinar on December 13, 2022 11:00AM-12:00PM ET on recent developments around the growing practice of health plans partnering with third-party companies to manage, or recommend changes to, plans’ specialty benefits terms and conditions.
This webinar will provide key information to HR professionals as they make important decisions regarding benefits packages. Attendees are eligible for HRCI and SHRM professional development credits.