Join Aimed Alliance for a FREE webinar on November 22, 2021 at 1:00PM ET – 2:00PM ET.
You are invited to attend Addressing Chronic Diseases, Mental Health, and Substance Use in America, an online expert roundtable on the emergence of a new category to medicine – prescription digital therapies (PDTs). PDTs use software on smart phones and tablets to improve the care of millions of Americans with hard-to-treat chronic diseases and disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, autism, cancer, chronic stroke, depression, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia, and substance use disorders.
Hosted by Aimed Alliance, a not-for-profit health policy organization, the roundtable will inform stakeholders of the regulatory framework for PDTs and their value in optimizing clinical care, delivering evidence-based therapies to underserved populations, transforming how patients engage in their healthcare, and lowering the costs of care. Topic areas include:
- How PDTs work, are approved by the Food and Drug Administration based on randomized clinical trials, and are prescribed and used under clinical supervision
- The potential of PDTs to change the healthcare delivery system and improve patient outcomes
- The need for Congress to create a new Medicare benefit category specifically for PDTs to overcome
a major hurdle limiting patient access to PDTs – currently PDTs are excluded from Medicare coverage
- The formation of ACTION for PDTs – a new stakeholder alliance to expand the adoption, coverage, and access to PDTs for individuals with chronic diseases
Experts taking part in the roundtable include:
- Katie Archer, Director, Health & Welfare Benefits Design, Planning and Analysis, The Hartford
- Andrea G. Barthwell, M.D., F.A.S.A.M., Medical Director, Encounter Medical Group PC; Director and Founder, Two Dreams
- Andrey Ostrovsky, M.D., F.A.A.P., Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President of Behavioral Health, Solera Health
- Zachary Zalewski, J.D., Ph.D., Consultant II, Avalere Health
- Moderated by Stacey L. Worthy, Esq., Counsel, Aimed Alliance
Click here to register.