Join Aimed Alliance for a FREE webinar on January 14, 2021 at 3:00pm ET.
Join Aimed Alliance and HR.com for a webinar on January 14, 2021 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm ET. This webinar will feature the findings of our new survey report, “The State of Migraine Disease in the Workplace 2020.”
Despite common misperceptions, migraine attacks are not just “bad headaches”—they are a major health condition. According the World Health Organization, migraine has been shown to be the sixth highest cause of disability worldwide. Yet, employers may not understand the severity of migraine disease, resulting in a lack of proper migraine support programs and even discrimination in the workplace.
Aimed Alliance, in partnership with the HR Research Institute, conducted a new study to better understand how HR professionals and organizations perceive migraine disease and what employers are doing to help support employees with migraine disease. During the webinar, speakers will present on the results of that survey, including:
- The extent that migraine disease is viewed as a disability and the types of accommodations in place
- How employers are managing stigmas associated with migraine disease
- The impact migraine disease has on employee productivity and health-related absences
- The range of benefit and support plans organizations provide to employees with migraine disease
- The practices that seem most closely associated with migraine disease success
Additionally, the webinar will feature the following content:
- A personal story of how migraine impacts employees in the workplace
- An overview of federal laws governing migraine as a disability, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Recommendations to employers on how to offer appropriate support to employees with migraines to ensure maximum productivity
Speakers will include:
- Wendy Bohmfalk, Director of Operations World Health Education Foundation
- Brian Gifford, Director, Research and Analytics, Integrated Benefits Institute
- Shruti Kulkarni, Counsel, Aimed Alliance
- Stacey Worthy, Counsel, Aimed Alliance
HR professionals and employee benefit managers, employees, patient advocates, compliance managers, and anyone interested in learning about the legal and policy issues involving migraine disease in the workplace are encouraged to tune in.