Today, Aimed Alliance and the National Organization of Rheumatology Managers (NORM) jointly released a new brochure intended to assist health care consumers enroll in a Medicare plan. Our brochure, “Medicare Open Enrollment: Understanding Your Medicare Plan and Your Cost-Sharing Responsibilities” includes comprehensive guidance for enrolling in a Medicare plan during the Open Enrollment Period, which lasts between October 15 and December 7, 2019.
The brochure features details on:
- The Open Enrollment process, auto-enrollment, and when consumers are eligible for a special enrollment period;
- The types of Medicare plans that are available and the differences between them, including the differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage;
- Common plan terms and policies;
- The cost-sharing responsibilities associated with each type of plan;
- How to identify when you are being targeted for fraud; and
- How to appeal coverage denials.
Review our brochure to make your Medicare plan selection as easy as possible. “Selecting a health plan can be difficult for anyone, but the complexity of the Medicare program and the increasing popularity of Medicare Advantage plans require a thorough analysis of all of the options to know which plan is right for you,” said Aimed Alliance Staff Attorney John A. Wylam. “We hope that this resource will help consumers select the plan that will cover the treatments and services that are most important to them.”