Aimed Alliance is a national non-profit working to protect and enhance the rights of health care consumers and providers. We are seeking an ambitious staff attorney with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and writing abilities and the capacity to take minimal direction and deliver results.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter with salary request, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The writing sample should be no more than five pages. No phone calls please. To learn more about our organization, go to aimedalliance.org.
Essential duties of the staff attorney include:
- Providing legal research and analysis, particularly focused on state and federal bills and statutes, and agency proposals and regulations affecting health care;
- Analyzing news and policy developments and recommending organizational responses;
- Researching and writing scholarly articles focusing on health-related topics, often for publication in legal or policy journals;
- Critically evaluating case law, corporate policies, professional rules and guidelines, and health policy proposals;
- Drafting issue briefs, op-eds, news releases, alliance newsletters, grant applications and reports, and speaking proposals;
- Preparing oral presentations and related PowerPoint slides and materials for policy briefings and other speaking engagements;
- Communicating regularly with alliance members to advance common goals;
- Creating content for the organization’s website and social media accounts;
- Reporting regularly on program progress and responses from policy makers and the public;
- Assisting with organizational administration; and
- Other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school;
- Experience in health law, policy, or advocacy;
- Experience working for a legislative office;
- Experience working in a non-profit setting;
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the D.C. Rules of Professional Conduct;
- Minimum of one year of experience in a professional setting (inclusive of internships);
- A professional demeanor and excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal abilities;
- Proficiency in Office 365 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Strong planning and time management skills, including successfully carrying out multiple projects simultaneously and completing projects in a timely manner;
- Dedicated, deadline driven, efficient, organized, and attentive to details;
- Excellent writing abilities, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
- Journal or equivalent writing experience;
- Capacity to engage with colleagues in constructive ways; and
- Willingness to accept corrective feedback with a positive attitude.
Hours and Compensation
This position requires a commitment of 40 hours per week.
While Aimed Alliance is located in Washington, DC, this is a remote position. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary, and paid time off.